The American Indian Nurse Scholarship Program provides scholarships to students of American Indian descent who are studying to become nurses. After completing their studies, recipients are encouraged to contribute to the enhancement of healthcare for American Indians, either by working on reservations or in hospitals that cater to substantial Indian populations.
The American Indian Nurse Scholarship Program is an initiative designed to support and encourage Native American individuals pursuing careers in nursing. This scholarship program aims to address the underrepresentation of Native Americans in the nursing profession by providing financial assistance to qualified individuals.
Eligibility criteria for the American Indian Nurse Scholarship Program 2024:
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled in a tribe or village, or if not enrolled, able to demonstrate direct tribal ancestry.
- High school graduate, in the final semester of high school, or possess equivalent education.
- Enrolled in an accredited school.
- Enrolled in a health professional program and maintaining good academic standing in pre-nursing, pre-med, or enrolled in a health care or health education program.
- Expected to graduate two years after enrollment in an Associate Degree program or four years after enrollment in a B.S. program.
- Maintain the required scholastic average specified by the school.
- Recommended by a counsellor, teacher, or another school official.
- Demonstrate a need for financial assistance.
- Have a career goal directly related to addressing the healthcare needs of the American Indian, Alaskan Native, or Hawaiian Native community.
- Post-graduate students are also eligible.
Related Article: Turkey Government Scholarships 2024 2025
Amount of funding:
The scholarship provides $1,500 per semester to cover tuition and other academic expenses. The funding will be continued for each semester as long as the student maintains good academic standing.
Completed applications must be mailed to:
Attn: Indian Nurse Scholarship
2715 Q Street N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20007-3071
Applications are accepted at two times during the year, with a deadline of June 1 for fall semester and December 1 for spring semester applicants.
Deadlines: Jun 1, 2024