A unique opportunity has opened up for 50 young leaders from around the world to come together and exchange ideas, collaborate, network, and learn from each other. UNESCO Youth Leadership Workshop for Students is designed to provide a platform for these young innovators to share their stories and experiences and explore ways in which they can make a positive impact in their respective communities.
Attendees will be able to discuss their current projects and initiatives and gain insight into the work being done in other parts of the world. They will also be able to participate in interactive activities and workshops designed to foster collaboration and encourage creative problem–solving. The workshop promises to be an inspiring and empowering experience for all involved.
Since 2015, the Asia–Pacific Centre of Education for International Understanding (APCEIU) has been dedicated to empowering young people through the promotion of global citizenship education.
Serving as a venue for mutual growth and partnership, the Workshop has trained over 400 young changemakers in different parts of the world.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across the world. Check out some selected opportunities below;
In 2023, the Asia–Pacific Centre of Education for International Understanding (APCEIU) will host its 9th Youth Leadership Workshop, focusing on the topic of Global Citizenship Education (GCED). The event aims to empower young people and promote an inclusive future for all through the development of global citizenship.
The Workshop will bring together a diverse group of globally–minded individuals who are passionate about creating a more equitable world. Participants will have the opportunity to collaborate, discuss, and brainstorm ways to address the issues of inequality and create a society that is more inclusive and equitable for all. Through the exchange of ideas, participants will work together to develop innovative solutions to combat inequality and create a brighter future for all. The Workshop will provide a platform for participants to gain insight into the challenges of inequality and to find ways to work together to create a more equitable and just society.
UNESCO is devoted to promoting peace and international cooperation through educational, scientific, and cultural efforts. The organization works to further the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals outlined in Agenda 2030, which was adopted by the United Nations General Assembly in 2015. Its mission is to foster peace and global collaboration in the fields of education, science, and culture
Click here to join our social media platforms for new updates
UNESCO Youth Leadership Workshop for Students Requirements:
To be considered for the offer, you must:
- Applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Born between 1995 and 2004
- Citizens of the Official Development Aid (ODA) recipient countries (*Applicants only from Official Development Aid (ODA) recipient countries are eligible for the application. Refer to the Annex for the list.)
- Minimum 2 years of active experience in youth activities
- Completion of the e-learning course titled “GCED for Youth” on GCED Online Campus (www.gcedonlinecampus.org) before the application deadline ?Course Certificate must be attached in the application.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
UNESCO Youth Leadership Workshop for Students Duration and Reward
- Intensive & interactive 2-week Online workshop with experts
- Networking with youth leaders around the world
- Invitation to APCEIU’s international youth & educators’ network
- WIN A MENTORSHIP & GRANT opportunity!
＊ After the Workshop, a Grant Competition will be opened for the graduates. Grants of up to maximum $1,000 and mentorship opportunity will be awarded to the selected winners! (Mentorship: May – June (1 month) & Project Implementation: June- November 2023)* *Exclusively for the selected winners only
UNESCO Youth Leadership Workshop for Students for Selection Process
- Application must be submitted online by 9 April 2024.
- Notification of selection will be sent by 14 April 2024 via email. (No additional individual contacts shall be made other than sending a notification email.)
- All selected participants must register by 16 April 2024 at the latest.
Method of Application
- Please go to the website via www.gcedonlinecampus.org and sign up.
- Log in and from the Courses in the lefthand toolbar, click « Courses by Registration » and apply « “GCED for Youth”
- Complete and pass the course by finishing all assignments by 9 April 2024
Deadline: April 9, 2024
- Host: UNESCO
- Category: Training | Fellowships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Sponsorship | 1,000 USD Grant | Mentorship
- Deadline: April 9, 2024
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
kindly leave a comments if this article was helpful, Thank You