The International Potato Center (CIP), which is part of CGIAR Research Center, is looking for a Knowledge Management and Communications Senior Officer in Tamale, Ghana. This position will be with the International Water Management Institute (IWMI).
- Company: International Potato Center
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom
The Senior Officer will lead the GROWING project’s knowledge management and communications part. This project focuses on making agriculture, nutrition, and marketing more climate-smart to improve the financial and nutritional security of women, youth, and young children in Ghana.
The main tasks include organizing and storing project data digitally, communicating project achievements through various channels like websites, media, and social platforms, and training project staff in digital monitoring and communication techniques.
- Lead the planning and implementation of the knowledge management and communication strategy for the GROWING project.
- Make sure all monitoring and survey data are properly documented and digitally archived in the Project Workspace.
- Work with other project officers to monitor and archive research and development data files and reports.
- Train research staff in data management, file organisation, archiving, and digital tools.
- Ensure all project staff regularly back up their data and reports in the project workspace.
- Lead the development of various communication materials and post them on CIP and project websites.
- Use mainstream and social media to communicate project progress and achievements.
- Make sure all project knowledge and communication outputs are available on the Sweetpotato Knowledge Portal and the CIP website.
- Develop terms of reference for entities or consultants helping with video or communication material development.
- Collaborate with partners and team members to explore new techniques for managing and disseminating knowledge.
- Perform other tasks requested by the supervisor.
Educational Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, communication, social sciences, or related area. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- Four years of experience in collecting and managing quantitative data sets, and at least two years in developing and implementing communication and knowledge management strategies.
- Programming skills in ODK and practical skills in Microsoft software.
- Excellent data and file management skills.
- Experience working with websites, dashboards, and new media technologies.
- Strong social media skills for project management communications.
- Understanding of integrated project management principles.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work in diverse teams, proactive approach, and creative problem-solving.
- Proficient in English, and knowledge of a local language in Northern Ghana is a plus.
This is a nationally recruited position, open only to Ghana nationals and permanent residents. The initial contract is for two years, with a six-month probationary period, and renewal depends on performance and funding availability.
Click here to join our social media platforms for new updates
Why consider this opportunity?
- CIP is a globally respected organisation with a strong research and development background.
- CIP is committed to achieving food security, improved nutrition, and gender equality in root and tuber farming and food systems in the developing world.
- CIP is part of CGIAR, a global research partnership working towards a food-secure future, reducing poverty, and improving natural resources.
Method of Application
Closing Date: December, 2023