Are you interested in pursuing higher education abroad, with scholarship funds in 2024 and Romanian? Then you can look no further than the Romanian Government Scholarship 2024 Fully Funded. This article will explain the Romanian Government Scholarship 2024 Fully Funded, its benefits, and the step-by-step application process.
Romania Government Scholarships 2024-2025 is fully funded and open to international students. These scholarships support undergraduates, master’s, and PhD programs. They cover tuition, and accommodation, and offer a monthly stipend of up to 80 EURO.
Every year, the Romanian Government, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, offers scholarships to citizens from non-EU countries. To be eligible, candidates must have good academic results with an average score of at least 7, based on Romania’s scoring system or an equivalent “Good” score.
Related Article: Chevening Scholarships 2024
Applicants can choose study programs in various fields, excluding Medicine, Dental Medicine, and Pharmacy. For Bachelor’s and Master’s programs, only Romanian-language study options are available to promote the Romanian language and culture. However, at the PhD level, applicants can choose programs in English or another foreign language specified by the doctoral school. For those who do not speak Romanian, a preparatory year in the language is provided before starting the chosen study program. The application process requires documents such as diplomas, transcripts, birth certificates, passports, and a CV, all outlined in the application guidelines.
- Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): Romanian Universities
- Study in Romania
- Program Period:
- Undergraduate: 3-6 Years
- Master: 1.5-2 Years
- Doctorate: 3-4 Years
- Deadline: March 1, 2024 (CURRENTLY CLOSED. Applications are open in December)
Level of study covered by Romanian Government Scholarship Awards:
Applicants for the Romanian Government Scholarship Awards can choose from three study cycles at an accredited higher education institution in Romania:
- Bachelor’s degree: This program is for high school graduates or those who have completed pre-university studies, resulting in a baccalaureate degree or equivalent. The program typically lasts for 3-6 years, depending on the chosen specialization, and concludes with a bachelor’s exam.
- Master’s degree: Intended for those with an undergraduate degree, master’s degree programs run for 1, 1.5, or 2 years and culminate in a dissertation exam.
- PhD: Designed for graduate students or equivalent, the doctoral program has a duration of 3-5 years, varying based on the chosen faculty’s profile. It concludes with the presentation of a PhD thesis. Admission to the PhD program and eligibility for a scholarship requires passing an entrance examination.
Related Article: DAAD Scholarships 2024 2025
- Visual Arts
- Romanian Culture and Civilization
- Political and Administrative Sciences
- Education Sciences
- Social and Human Sciences
- Technical Studies
- Oil and Gas
- Agricultural Sciences
- Veterinary Medicine
Please note that scholarships are not awarded in the fields of Medicine, Dental Medicine, and Pharmacy.
Related Article: Japanese Government Scholarship 2024
Eligibility Criteria for Romania Government Scholarships
To be eligible for Romania Government Scholarships, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Nationality: Open to international students from non-EU countries, except for the following:
- Individuals of Romanian origin or part of Romanian historical communities near Romania (eligible for different scholarship programs).
- Citizens seeking or granted protection in Romania.
- Stateless individuals officially recognized to stay in Romania.
- Members of diplomatic and consular corps or their family members.
- Administrative and technical staff of diplomatic missions and consular offices in Romania.
- Staff members of international organizations in Romania or their family members.
- Those already receiving a Romanian state scholarship for the same study cycle.
- Provide current study documents from accredited/recognized educational institutions in their home country.
- Meet the enrollment deadline.
- Academic Performance:
- Demonstrate good academic results with an average score of at least 7 (seven) from the last completed school, corresponding to the Romanian scoring system or equivalent to a “Good” score.
- Application Process:
- Follow the specified application submission methodology.
- Age Limit:
- Not exceed 35 years of age for Bachelor and Master studies and 45 years for Doctoral or postgraduate studies.
Related Article: Korean Government Scholarships 2024 2025
Scholarship Coverage And Benefits:
Recipients of Romania Government Scholarships will receive the following benefits:
- Tuition Fees: Financial support for covering tuition fees.
- Accommodation Expenses: Support for accommodation costs in dormitories, funded by the Ministry of Education, within the allocated subsidy limit (subject to availability).
- Monthly Financial Aid:
- Undergraduate and preparatory year students: Equivalent in Romanian currency (lei) to 65 EURO.
- Master’s students: Equivalent in Romanian currency (lei) to 75 EURO.
- PhD students: Equivalent in Romanian currency (lei) to 85 EURO.
- Note: The scholarships do not include international and domestic transportation costs from the Romanian border crossing point to the university. Candidates should be prepared to personally cover these additional expenses.
Language of Study:
To promote Romanian language and culture, undergraduate and master’s scholarship recipients are required to study exclusively in Romanian. However, doctoral scholarship recipients have the option to study in either Romanian or a foreign language specified by the doctoral school. Candidates who do not speak Romanian will be granted a preparatory year to learn the language before starting their university studies. This provision excludes doctoral scholarship recipients who have chosen to pursue education in a foreign language as determined by the doctoral school.
Certain individuals are exempt from enrolling in the Romanian language preparatory year:
- Those who present Romanian study documents (diplomas or certificates) or school records indicating at least four consecutive years of studies conducted in Romanian within the Romanian national education system.
- Those who pass the Romanian language test are required for university enrollment.
- Those who provide a certificate demonstrating linguistic competence in Romanian at a minimum level of B1.
Document Requirements for Romanian Government Scholarship 2024 Fully Funded:
To apply, an applicant must follow these steps on the Study in Romania platform:
- Create an Account:
- Register on the Study in Romania platform.
- Fill in the required information.
- Upload the Following Documents:
- Copies of obtained diplomas (baccalaureate or equivalent, plus bachelor’s, master’s, doctorate if applicable) with authorized translations into English, French, Spanish, or Romanian.
- Copies of transcripts of completed studies with authorized translations.
- Copy of the birth certificate (or equivalent) with authorized translation.
- Copy of the first three pages of the passport or national identity document with authorized translation.
- Curriculum Vitae in English or French in the required format.
- For doctoral applicants, a letter of intent in English, French, Spanish, or Romanian.
- Additional Documents (for Specific Categories):
- Copy of proof of name change with authorized translation if applicable.
- Copy of the certificate proving the passing of the baccalaureate, bachelor’s, or master’s exam (for graduates without a diploma) with authorized translation if applicable.
- Copy of the certificate proving the person in the final year is set to take the graduation exam at the end of the school/university year with authorized translation if applicable.
- Copy of the transcript showing the academic record of the person in the final year until the submission of the application with authorized translation if applicable.
- Copy of the certificate of completion of the Romanian language preparatory year or the certificate of linguistic competence if applicable.
- Notarized declaration of parental consent for candidates under 18 years with authorized translation if applicable.
- Document Format:
- Scan all documents individually in .pdf format.
- Express consent to the agreement for the processing of personal data by signing the GDPR declaration for the applicant’s registration to be valid.
Click here to join our social media platforms for new updates
To apply and learn more about the Japanese Government Scholarship 2024, kindly visit:
1. How to win a Romanian government scholarship?
To win a Romanian government scholarship, you typically need to follow these steps:
- Research Eligibility Criteria: Understand the eligibility requirements for the specific scholarship you’re interested in. These may include academic achievements, language proficiency, and other criteria.
- Choose the Right Scholarship: Romania offers various scholarships for different fields and levels of study. Select the one that aligns with your academic goals and background.
- Prepare Required Documents: Gather all necessary documents, such as academic transcripts, letters of recommendation, and language proficiency certificates. Make sure to meet the application deadline.
- Write a Strong Application: Craft a compelling and well-written application, including a personal statement or essay. Clearly express your academic and career goals, emphasizing why you deserve the scholarship.
- Demonstrate Financial Need (if required): Some scholarships may consider financial need. Be prepared to provide relevant documentation if this is a factor.
- Submit Application On Time: Ensure you submit your application before the deadline. Late submissions are typically not considered.
- Follow Instructions: Carefully follow all instructions provided in the application process. Adhering to guidelines demonstrates your attention to detail.
- Prepare for Interviews (if applicable): Some scholarships may require an interview. Be ready to discuss your goals, achievements, and reasons for applying.
- Showcase Extracurricular Activities: Highlight any relevant extracurricular activities, community service, or achievements that demonstrate your well-roundedness.
- Check for Updates: Keep track of any updates or announcements regarding the scholarship. Be responsive to any communication from the scholarship committee.
2. How can I check my Romania scholarship result?
To check the results of your Romanian scholarship application, follow these steps:
- Visit the Official Website: Go to the official website of the organization or agency that manages the scholarship program. Look for a dedicated section related to results or announcements.
- Login to Your Account: If you created an online account during the application process, log in using your credentials. Check for a section that provides updates or results.
- Check Your Email: Scholarship organizations often communicate results via email. Check the email account you used for the application process. Look for messages regarding the outcome of your application.
- Contact the Scholarship Office: If you can’t find the information online, consider reaching out to the scholarship office directly. They may provide information on how and when results will be announced.
- Monitor Social Media: Some scholarship programs use social media platforms to share updates and results. Check the official social media accounts associated with the scholarship for announcements.
- Review Application Portal: If there’s an online portal where you submitted your application, log in and check for any notifications or updates regarding the status of your application.
- Check Local Embassies or Consulates: If you applied for a government-sponsored scholarship, you may also inquire at the Romanian embassy or consulate in your country. They might have information on the status of scholarship applications.
- Be Patient: Results may not be available immediately after the application period ends. Allow some time for the selection process to take place, and check regularly for updates.
3. How do you qualify for the Romanian scholarship?
To qualify for a Romanian scholarship, you generally need to meet specific criteria set by the scholarship program. While the exact requirements may vary depending on the type of scholarship, here are common factors considered for eligibility:
- Academic Excellence: Many Romanian scholarships are awarded based on academic merit. You may need to demonstrate a strong academic record, usually by providing transcripts and certificates.
- Language Proficiency: Depending on the language of instruction, you might be required to show proficiency in Romanian or another language. This is often assessed through language proficiency tests.
- Relevance to Field of Study: Some scholarships are specific to certain fields of study. Ensure that your chosen course aligns with the scholarship’s focus.
- Educational Background: Your educational background and qualifications should match the requirements of the scholarship. This may include having completed a certain level of education or specific courses.
- Letters of Recommendation: Some scholarships require letters of recommendation from teachers, professors, or employers. These letters can attest to your character, abilities, and potential for success in the chosen field of study.
- Research Proposal or Statement of Purpose: For research-based scholarships, you may need to submit a detailed research proposal or a statement of purpose outlining your academic and career goals.
- Financial Need (if applicable): Certain scholarships take into account the financial situation of applicants. Be prepared to provide information about your financial need if it is a relevant factor.
- Extracurricular Activities: In some cases, involvement in extracurricular activities, community service, or leadership roles may enhance your application. Highlighting such experiences can demonstrate your well-roundedness.
- Age and Nationality: Some scholarships have specific age or nationality requirements. Ensure that you meet these criteria before applying.
- Admission to a Romanian Institution: In many cases, you need to secure admission to a Romanian educational institution to be eligible for a scholarship. Check if the scholarship is tied to enrollment in a specific university or program.
4. How do you know when you have been awarded a scholarship?
There are several ways to find out if you have been awarded a scholarship:
- Email Notification: Scholarship organizations often send email notifications to inform recipients about the award. Check the email account you provided during the application process, including your spam or junk folder.
- Online Application Portal: If you used an online application portal to apply for the scholarship, log in to your account. Look for any updates or notifications regarding the status of your application.
- Official Website: Visit the official website of the scholarship program. Check for a section dedicated to announcements or results. Some programs post a list of successful applicants on their website.
- Contact the Scholarship Office: If you haven’t received any notifications, consider reaching out to the scholarship office directly. Contact information is usually available on the official website or in previous communication from the organization.
- Check Social Media: Some scholarship programs announce results on their official social media accounts. Look for posts or updates related to the scholarship on platforms like Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
- Letter or Certificate: In some cases, scholarship providers may send physical letters or certificates by mail to notify recipients of their award. Keep an eye on your mailbox for any official correspondence.
- Confirmation Call: Some scholarship programs may contact recipients via phone to provide the good news. Make sure to answer calls from unknown numbers during the period when results are expected.
- Notification from Educational Institution: If the scholarship is associated with a specific educational institution, the institution may notify you directly about the award.
- Financial Aid Office: If the scholarship is administered through a university or college, check with the financial aid office. They may have information about the status of your application.
- Patience and Wait: It’s essential to be patient during the evaluation period. Results may not be available immediately after the application deadline, so give the scholarship committee the necessary time to review all applications.